Sulemana link following James, Amad and Pellistri signings shows how highly Solskjaer rates pace at United
Manchester United’s best sides down the years were famous for their pace.
More recently, the Red Devils have been crying out for wingers. And Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wasted little bringing some to Old Trafford when he took charge.
Dan James was the first, followed last summer by Facundo Pellistri and Amad Diallo. And, if recent reports are true, the United boss isn’t stopping there.
According to the Daily Mail, United are keen on Kamaldeen Sulemana this summer. And the 19-year-old is another electric wide man who would add even more speed and trickery to a squad quickly gathering both in abundance.
Like Amad and Pellistri, Sulemana is a teenager with his entire career ahead of him. And it is interesting that Solskjaer is seemingly filling his wide roles with players with their peak years still to come.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs were both teenagers when they burst onto the scene at Old Trafford. Nani was only 20 when he signed for United. And James was just 21 when he moved to the Red Devils in 2019.
In short, United love a good young winger and Sulemana fits that bill.
The future is fast
The 19-year-old is predominantly a left winger with 10 goals and six assists for Nordsjaelland this season. He can also operate on the opposite flank or as a centre forward and it will be interesting to see where he ultimately ends up.
United have benefited from wide forwards recently, with Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood all making a mark on the wing.
Sulemana could soon join them and he would add even more pace to a team that is miles ahead of the one Solskjaer adopted.
This United side is fast, exciting, confident, and it will only get better when the likes of Amad and Pellistri blossom. The same could be said of Anthony Elanga.
The 19-year-old Swede made his senior debut last week and did not look out of place. He has shone for the U18s and U23s, scoring a combined 21 goals at those levels. And his long-term contract shows that United are back to embracing wingers as they did under Sir Alex Ferguson.
If Sulemana joins them, few sides will want to come up against Solskjaer’s marauders in the years to come.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure