Scott McTominay led Manchester United’s 6-2 demolition of Leeds at Old Trafford.
The midfielder netted twice in the opening four minutes to set United on the way to an entertaining win.
For McTominay, it may have come at a small cost.
The Scotland international played all 90 minutes, but picked up an injury during the victory.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website McTominay has a groin injury and it will need to be assessed.
Solskjaer said: “Scott, it seemed like a groin issue. I don’t know. Hopefully, it won’t be too long as he’s not had any muscle injuries before.
“But I don’t know how quickly he will recover.”
It is fair to assume McTominay will be rested for the midweek Carabao Cup quarter-final against Everton.
He started the 3-1 win over Everton in the league and this could upset Solskjaer’s planned rotation, especially after he sat out the Sheffield United win on Thursday, only coming on in injury time.
However, there is little point risking him if he is not at 100 per cent.
Tests may come back and say he is ready to play, but it would be smart for United to be cautious, with matches against Leicester City and Wolves still to come in the league before the end of 2020.
Luke Shaw borderline for midweek
Luke Shaw may also sit out against Everton, in a match where there was always going to be a fair amount of rotation.
Solskjaer told the club website after the game, “Luke has been ill for a few days and was only passed fit this morning. He didn’t train yesterday.”
Shaw was substituted after 59 minutes having done his job, and replaced with Alex Telles.
Telles did well when he came on, creating two chances and having a shot at goal saved. He will be more likely to start in midweek with Shaw not at 100 per cent.
- Charlie McNeill continues to make a name for himself with another winning goal
- Former United talent Largie Ramazani scores goal from his own half
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance