Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had his say on transfers at his morning press conference.
The Red Devils boss was speaking ahead of United’s match with Crystal Palace on Saturday.
Amid questions over team selection, which Solskjaer did not divulge, he was quizzed about the club’s recruitment.
So far just one player has been signed, and supporters are anxious to see more.
Solskjaer says club are working on it
Solskjaer told his press conference, streamed via the club app: “Fans will always want the best possible Manchester United team. That’s the passion we want.
“Since Sir Alex went we’ve been averaging fifth position. Last season we finished third. We can see the step forward.
We are always looking to give the group a boost, and we are working on it.
“You know I can’t say anything about other clubs’ players out of respect to them. I can’t speculate.
“But we understand that to get even further, one we need to develop what we have, two we’re looking to strengthen the team, of course we are.
“Let’s just wait and see if we manage to bring anyone in. I’ve been in dialogue with the club, of course, we’re always discussing and hopefully let’s see if we can bring anyone in.”
More players are needed
United have a strong squad and there is competition throughout the team. Donny van de Beek adds to that in midfield.
There are gaps however, and the wing is one particular area where United need to strengthen.
If a deal for Jadon Sancho is not possible then United will at some stage need to consider alternatives.
Solskjaer has done a good job so far and deserves the chance to try and build on a strong end to last season.
A couple more additions would give everybody at the club a lift, and United have until October 5 to bring in new faces.
Manchester United fixtures after the international break
- Newcastle United (A)
October 17 – 3pm
- PSG (A)
October 20 – 8pm
- Chelsea (H)
October 24 – 5.30pm
- RB Leipzig (H)
October 28 – 8pm
- Arsenal (H)
November 1 – 6.30pm
- Istanbul Basaksehir (A)
November 4- 5.55pm
- Everton (A)
November 7 – 3pm
- Maguire and Lindelof share the same view on United’s draw with Chelsea
- Manchester United fans praise Victor Lindelof’s performance
- Solskjaer hails ‘different’ Cavani but mourns lack of fans at Manchester United games
- Manchester United fans react to Edinson Cavani’s debut performance
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw 0-0 with Chelsea
- Manchester United’s three best players in draw against Chelsea
- Charlie McNeill scores brace on competitive under-18s debut as Noam Emeran shines
- Joel Pereira’s latest loan spell is doing him no favours so far
- Manchester United’s three best players in U23 win over Everton
- Manchester United fans react to Facundo Pellistri’s under-23s debut