Brandon Williams has now started three games in a row for Manchester United at left-back.
He is becoming the undisputed first choice and is one of the best players on the pitch every time he plays.
Williams won a penalty against Norwich in the 4-0 win and should have scored his second United goal, had he not lost his composure and skied a chance for an easy tap in.
His performance drew praise from manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after the game.
Solskjaer told the club website: “We want to get to a place where players understand that, if I play well, I’ll keep my place. If I don’t, there’s competition behind us.
“There’s good competition there now [at left-back] and Brandon has never let us down. Another excellent performance by him.
“His hunger is definitely a a lesson for everyone who wants to be a footballer, the attitude he’s showing. It’ll be up to him and to me and the club, to keep him that hungry. I don’t expect him to change because he’s got the heart for it and when you have it, you have it.”
Two very big games
Solskjaer has more decisions to make this week over Williams at left-back.
Will he get the start against Wolves in the FA Cup, and away at Liverpool in the Premier League?
Luke Shaw pulled out of the warm up with a hamstring injury at the weekend, The MEN reported. He had only been due to be a substitute.
The extent of that injury will influence Ashley Young’s short term future.
It is very possible Williams is rested in one of the upcoming games, but if he did start both, as Solskjaer points out, he is unlikely to let United down.
- Some Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial's performance
- Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United's 1-0 win over West Ham
- Photo: Anthony Martial pictured embracing Ralf Rangnick after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's display v West Ham
- 'This is Manchester United'…Defender with 4 tackles and 2 key passes celebrates vital win