Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has praised all three of Manchester United’s new signings after their dream debuts.
Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka both started and played crucial roles in United keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea.
United won the game 4-0 with goals from Marcus Rashford (2), Anthony Martial, and Dan James.
James came off the bench to net a fantastic goal on the counter attack which made its way in with the help of a deflection.
Solskjaer praised all three in an interview with BBC Sport after the win.
On Aaron Wan-Bissaka
“Aaron is so aggressive, he doesn’t want to get beat, he’s a proper Manchester United defender.”
On Harry Maguire
“Harry has done exactly what we’ve signed him for, his presence in both boxes, his calmness and composure on the ball
“He’s a leader and with him, David de Gea and Victor Lindelof they marshalled that backline really well. It is important to have strong personalities at the back.”
On Dan James
“Daniel made a great impact and it is the best feeling ever scoring a goal in front of the Stretford End, you can’t beat that.”
It already seems that United have bought well this summer, after just one game.
The next match away to Wolves will be even tougher, but optimism is flowing once again.
As Solskjaer noted, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka both look like perfect fits in defence.
James will be a major threat late in games against tired defences and he is a lot of fun to watch in full flow.
Lets hope they can all keep up the high standards they have set themselves.
- Confirmed Manchester United starting line-up against Nottingham Forest
- Jadon Sancho pictured arriving at Old Trafford for Manchester United semi-final second leg
- How many transfer windows Phil Jones has now survived as a Manchester United player
- Rio Ferdinand responds to Paul Merson over Marcel Sabitzer criticism
- Can Marcel Sabitzer play in the Europa League? Eligibility and suspension explained