Rio Ferdinand praises Bruno Fernandes performance in Manchester United win
Manchester United recorded a third win out of four in the Champions League.
Bruno Fernandes inspired the victory with two first half goals. The first was really special.
His strike from outside the box was reminiscent of Paul Scholes in his pomp.
Former star Rio Ferdinand spoke highly of Fernandes, for BT’s post-game coverage.
Ferdinand said: “He was majestic on the night. Everything went through him.
“The way he teases the opposition and manipulates the ball. He’s a player who Ole must be watching and thinking thank goodness we’ve got him.
“They could have got him earlier probably kicking themselves they didn’t but he’s here now and you have sit back and enjoy it.”
It is thanks to Fernandes that United were able to secure Champions League football in the first place.
His outstanding performances at the end of last season have not gone to waste, with United making the most of the group stages so far with three wins from four.
Fernandes has three Champions League goals and one assist from four games.
This season already he has nine goals, and he should break the 20 barrier with ease by time the season is over.
United signed a special player, and Ferdinand is right. Now we sit back and enjoy it.
- 'Tremendous': Manchester United's first signing of the Ten Hag era speaks in glowing terms about his new manager
- Cristiano Ronaldo staying one more year would suddenly be a hard sell to Manchester United fans
- Star says Manchester United transfer is dream move, wants to work with Ten Hag for years
- James Garner sends message after first training session under Erik ten Hag
- 3 Manchester United players who will improve without Cristiano Ronaldo
- Ralf Rangnick may have already told Manchester United fans the reality of the Ronaldo situation
- Manchester United have just pulled off the signing of the summer
- Star is Manchester United's next in line to replace Ronaldo, and there's a big question
- 19-year-old has reportedly impressed Erik ten Hag in Manchester United training