Manchester United recorded a third win out of four in the Champions League.
Bruno Fernandes inspired the victory with two first half goals. The first was really special.
His strike from outside the box was reminiscent of Paul Scholes in his pomp.
Former star Rio Ferdinand spoke highly of Fernandes, for BT’s post-game coverage.
Ferdinand said: “He was majestic on the night. Everything went through him.
“The way he teases the opposition and manipulates the ball. He’s a player who Ole must be watching and thinking thank goodness we’ve got him.
“They could have got him earlier probably kicking themselves they didn’t but he’s here now and you have sit back and enjoy it.”
It is thanks to Fernandes that United were able to secure Champions League football in the first place.
His outstanding performances at the end of last season have not gone to waste, with United making the most of the group stages so far with three wins from four.
Fernandes has three Champions League goals and one assist from four games.
This season already he has nine goals, and he should break the 20 barrier with ease by time the season is over.
United signed a special player, and Ferdinand is right. Now we sit back and enjoy it.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring