Are you ready for your daily dose of Jadon Sancho gossip? Of course you are…
The latest reports come courtesy of Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s homeland.
The report suggests United should be confident of signing Sancho, even though Solskjaer is frustrated at the amount of time it is taking to get the deal done.
It claims Sancho has told Solskjaer he wants to sign with United.
He said: “United manager Solskjær has had several conversations with Dortmund star Jadon Sancho. In these conversations, the former City player is said to have expressed a desire to wear the red jersey.
“After the talks with Sancho, Solskjær is said to have asked Ed Woodward and the management to arrange the transition.”
Positive noises, action please
The reports back up the positive reports from the British press regarding Sancho from the past 24 hours.
Sky Sports report a breakthrough in negotiations with Sancho’s representatives, although United still need to agree a transfer fee with Borussia Dortmund.
Dagbladet report Solskjaer is hoping Sancho will be signed in time for Manchester United’s season opener against Crystal Palace, on Saturday 19.
That is a big ask, but a deal needs to be done quickly, so that Dortmund have enough time to sign a replacement. That should be one of the requirements on their part to agree to sell him.
This all sounds positive, and we want to hear good news. This could be a very big week ahead.
- Donny van de Beek proves value of a high quality squad
- Alvaro Fernandez scores on under-18s debut as four United youngsters net for first time
- Eric Bailly’s omission against Brighton made little sense
- It’s time Anthony Martial started scoring goals again
- Two deals Manchester United need to make big progress on this week
- Report: Lazio show interest in Andreas Pereira
- Watford fans react to James Garner’s performance on first Championship start
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after win