Released Manchester United youngster Arnau Puigmal signs deal with Spanish club
Arnau Puigmal has confirmed he has signed a deal with Almeria.
Puigmal was released by Manchester United on June 30.
Puigmal had enjoyed a blistering start to the season for United’s under-23s and scored seven goals in 12 games from midfield.
But it became apparent his expiring contract was unlikely to be re-signed, amid a combination of his own desire to return to Spain and United not giving him first team chances.
Puigmal’s announcement was celebrated by new Almeria teammate Largie Ramazani, who quit Manchester United to join the Spanish club last season.
Almeria finished fourth in Spain’s second tier last season and missed out on promotion in the play-offs.
Puigmal will be hoping that if his move goes well, he will earn promotion and a place in La Liga from 2022.
The move seems great for him. Almeria confirmed on their website Puigmal is under contract until 2026.
That’s a really long term deal for a 20-year-old player to sign and gives he youngster real security, while Almeria can get a good resale on him if he plays well.
Puigmal, 20, signed for United from Espanyol as a teenager.
United’s youngsters being snapped up
Puigmal becomes the fifth player over 18 released by the club to sign a new deal.
Mark Helm signed with Burnley and Iestyn Hughes with Leicester. Jacob Carney joined Sunderland and Joel Pereira with RKC Waalwijk.
Puigmal’s move to Almeria was not a surprise, with The Mail reporting they were frontrunners back in May. It seems like a good deal for him, but the hard work is just beginning.
- Like Haaland: Van Dijk names 'quick' Manchester United striker target as one of his toughest opponents
- Manchester United keeping track of 'huge talent' Kouadio Kone
- Amazing unseen footage emerges of Manchester United's 1999 Treble win
- Prolific striker Ralf Rangnick wanted at Manchester United scores 6 goals in one game
- 'I know'… Club chief speaks out over 34-goal Manchester United target amid 'official offer' claims
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee hits the gym ahead of important summer
- 39-year-old Manchester United man announces retirement from professional football
- 5 Italian players that played for Manchester United amid links with £51m former Atalanta man
- 'I blame the Glazers': Neville says Manchester United should have axed figure years ago
- Manchester United must target £30m 'best in Eredivisie' DM, wore Red Devils shirt in 2021
- Manchester United Champions League winner hailed £43m target as 'fantastic player'
- 6 Manchester United stars in 'worst Premier League XI of the season'
- Photo: Paul Pogba new haircut drops latest United to Juventus exit hint
- 95% Pass Accuracy, 2 Chances Created: £20m Ten Hag target shows why Manchester United are keen
- Photo: Marcus Rashford celebrates getting engaged