Manchester United youngster Reece Devine kicked off his loan spell at St Johnstone this week.
Devine is the only United youngster actually out on loan right now. Tahith Chong and Nathan Bishop are still training at Carrington to make up the numbers before senior stars get back, before joining their new teams.
19-year-old full-back Devine featured as a substitute for the final 30 minutes in St Johnstone’s pre-season match with Preston North End, which ended in a 1-1 draw.
Devine’s brief appearance earned positive feedback on social media from St Johnstone fans. While it was just a pre-season friendly, first impressions can count for a lot and early signs look good.
Also, the young lads that came on didn’t look out of place, particularly impressed with Cammy Ballantyne and Reece Devine – thought they were excellent.— St Johnstone Fans (@StJohnstoneFans) July 13, 2021
Devine could feature tomorrow night when St Johnstone host Aberdeen in another friendly match. They then have two further friendly matches on July 21 and 24.
The Scottish Premiership season begins on July 31 so they are pushing ahead to prepare for kick-off. Devine will be looking to earn a starting spot.
The big attraction for the move is possible Europa League football after St Johnstone finished fifth last season.
They will play in the Europa League qualifiers in August against opponents yet to be determined, with the draw to be held on Monday.
- Chong, Garner, Laird: Mixed night for Manchester United loan trio
- How has Angel Gomes fared since making his debut for French champions Lille?
- Paul Pogba leads responses as Manchester United stars rally round Jesse Lingard
- Jesse Lingard sends emotional message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United youngsters and rivals congratulate Shola Shoretire on winning goal
- Manchester United are getting the full Cristiano Ronaldo experience, embrace it
- United’s dressing room leaders will ensure there is a response on Sunday
- Making a case for Van De Beek to start for United against West Ham
- Bruno Fernandes’ outrageous assist overshadowed by United loss
- Donny van de Beek sends message to United fans after Young Boys defeat