Marcus Rashford praises Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw
After an important win sealed Champions League qualification, Manchester United’s players can reflect on a good season up until this point.
While there is a remote possibility of a title win if City collapse, United are more focused now on winning silverware, having reached the Europa League final
United’s players were in good spirits following the comeback victory, evidenced by Marcus Rashford replying to fans on social media.
The United forward took part in an impromptu Q&A, in which he praised teammates Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw.
Rashford deserves a little credit himself too. He is now up to 20 goals and 12 assists for the season.
He provided the assist for Edinson Cavani’s goal, which killed the game off against Villa.
Mason Greenwood scored his 16th Premier League goal in the victory, becoming the club’s highest ever teenage league scorer, breaking Wayne Rooney’s record.
Greenwood had previously eclipsed Rashford’s own tally of the 13 league strikes he netted for United as a teen.
To date Greenwood has 28 career goals for United, which is below the 87 Rashford has.
If they both carry on at the rate they have done, then there is a lot for United fans to look forward to.
It was also nice to see Rashford praising Luke Shaw, who is enjoying his best ever season for United.
Rashford’s comment underlines the appreciation his teammates have for him, and why there is a very strong chance he walks away with the club’s player of the year award.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure