Marcus Rashford praises Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw
After an important win sealed Champions League qualification, Manchester United’s players can reflect on a good season up until this point.
While there is a remote possibility of a title win if City collapse, United are more focused now on winning silverware, having reached the Europa League final
United’s players were in good spirits following the comeback victory, evidenced by Marcus Rashford replying to fans on social media.
The United forward took part in an impromptu Q&A, in which he praised teammates Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw.
Rashford deserves a little credit himself too. He is now up to 20 goals and 12 assists for the season.
He provided the assist for Edinson Cavani’s goal, which killed the game off against Villa.
Mason Greenwood scored his 16th Premier League goal in the victory, becoming the club’s highest ever teenage league scorer, breaking Wayne Rooney’s record.
Greenwood had previously eclipsed Rashford’s own tally of the 13 league strikes he netted for United as a teen.
To date Greenwood has 28 career goals for United, which is below the 87 Rashford has.
If they both carry on at the rate they have done, then there is a lot for United fans to look forward to.
It was also nice to see Rashford praising Luke Shaw, who is enjoying his best ever season for United.
Rashford’s comment underlines the appreciation his teammates have for him, and why there is a very strong chance he walks away with the club’s player of the year award.
- Manchester United have scouted £43m-valued 'fantastic' striker who Owen Hargreaves loves several times
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup