Manchester United are back in action in the Champions League tonight.
United face Istanbul Basaksehir, who proved they need to be taken seriously after beating the Red Devils 2-1 in Turkey.
A win will ensure United remain in control of the group and move onto nine points.
A laboured victory over West Brom at the weekend offered a few bright signs, even if the execution was not there in front of goal.
United created chances and kept a clean sheet, and those are the same principles Solskjaer’s side need to follow to get a result this evening.
The first change is one which does not need to be made, but one that is expected anyway.
Sky Sports report Dean Henderson may start in goal ahead of David de Gea, as he did in the previous game. He has done nothing wrong in his three starts, and it would not represent a big downgrade.
United’s back four should be the same as against West Brom and this consistency could help the side.
There will be changes in midfield, with Nemanja Matic and Juan Mata expected to drop out.
United should bring in Donny van de Beek and Scott McTominay, with Paul Pogba on the bench as he looks to shake off an ankle injury.
Up front there could be an overhaul, especially if United change systems to go with four in midfield.
Edinson Cavani is a must. This would be his first United start and it feels long overdue.
The real ruthless move from Solskjaer would be to then bring in Mason Greenwood alongside him, and leaving out Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.
Both players missed clear cut chances against West Brom, and with players of Cavani and Greenwood’s quality waiting for starts, it is time he sends a message to the duo to be more clinical.
This line up would be notable as it would also be the first time all three of United’s big summer signings, Telles, Van de Beek and Cavani, have all started together.
- Manchester United takeover bidder Thomas Zilliacus explains his plans
- Denzel Dumfries changes agents amid Manchester United interest and possible summer move
- Scott McTominay scores twice to fire Scotland to famous win over Spain
- Anthony Martial sends message to Anthony Elanga after Sweden goal
- Dutch legend offers worrying assessment on Wout Weghorst displays for club and country
- Why Anthony Elanga wore Ibrahimovic’s shirt in Sweden win
- 10 celebs you probably didn’t know were Manchester United fans
- Victor Lindelof complains broken toe is still hurting him seven months on
- Sergey Pinyaev told ‘dream’ Manchester United move is ‘not possible’
- Dutch press react to Wout Weghorst performance v Gibraltar