Predicted Manchester United XI v Istanbul Basaksehir
Manchester United are back in action in the Champions League tonight.
United face Istanbul Basaksehir, who proved they need to be taken seriously after beating the Red Devils 2-1 in Turkey.
A win will ensure United remain in control of the group and move onto nine points.
A laboured victory over West Brom at the weekend offered a few bright signs, even if the execution was not there in front of goal.
United created chances and kept a clean sheet, and those are the same principles Solskjaer’s side need to follow to get a result this evening.
The first change is one which does not need to be made, but one that is expected anyway.
Sky Sports report Dean Henderson may start in goal ahead of David de Gea, as he did in the previous game. He has done nothing wrong in his three starts, and it would not represent a big downgrade.
United’s back four should be the same as against West Brom and this consistency could help the side.
There will be changes in midfield, with Nemanja Matic and Juan Mata expected to drop out.
United should bring in Donny van de Beek and Scott McTominay, with Paul Pogba on the bench as he looks to shake off an ankle injury.
Up front there could be an overhaul, especially if United change systems to go with four in midfield.
Edinson Cavani is a must. This would be his first United start and it feels long overdue.
The real ruthless move from Solskjaer would be to then bring in Mason Greenwood alongside him, and leaving out Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.
Both players missed clear cut chances against West Brom, and with players of Cavani and Greenwood’s quality waiting for starts, it is time he sends a message to the duo to be more clinical.
This line up would be notable as it would also be the first time all three of United’s big summer signings, Telles, Van de Beek and Cavani, have all started together.
- Manchester United miss out on midfielder, Romano says Premier League club agree deal
- Early transfer would be decisive way for Manchester United to kick off Ten Hag era
- Edinson Cavani sends goodbye message to Manchester United fans
- 'We are so hurt'… Harry Maguire sends message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United star says unhappy teammates must leave, can't wait to play under Ten Hag
- Absent Manchester United star attends charity game while teammates lose to Crystal Palace
- Ten Hag's former player and ex-Red Devil both help bail Manchester United out
- Gary Neville mocks Liverpool after missing out on Premier League title
- Photo: Manchester United ace waves goodbye to fans after Crystal Palace defeat
- 5 things learned from Crystal Palace 1-0 Manchester United