Manchester United host Sheffield United tonight in a clash between the first and 20th placed teams in the Premier League.
The last game ended 3-2 to United at Bramall Lane, with Marcus Rashford scoring twice and Anthony Martial once.
Rashford’s fitness was a question mark heading into the fixture after he limped off at the end of the win over Liverpool. Fortunately he is available, with The Telegraph reporting he just suffered a bruised knee.
United may want to consider resting him for this one, with a view to the weekend’s game against Arsenal.
Two changes in defence?
Eric Bailly could renew his partnership with Harry Maguire, with United still looking to manage Victor Lindelof’s minutes amid ongoing back concerns.
Bailly has proven himself over the past few weeks and United look strong defensively whenever he is in the line-up.
The second change could come at left-back, with Alex Telles due a start and Luke Shaw potentially getting a rest.
All changes in midfield and attack?
Fred, Anthony Martial and Bruno Fernandes came off the bench in United’s win over Liverpool. It says a lot about United’s depth that all three are normally considered starters. All three should be in the line-up this evening.
Dan James and Juan Mata could start out wide, with both players in need of minutes, allowing Martial to play as a central striker. Nemanja Matic would partner alongside Fred in the centre of midfield.
This allows United to rest Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani and Mason Greenwood along with Marcus Rashford.
For some, this may be considered too many changes. It could backfire if United slip up. But Solskjaer has to trust his squad, and Sheffield United are out of form and suffering with injuries.
United would have enough strength on the bench to call on if a goal is needed.
James and Mata as wing roles is uninspiring. Especially when Amad Diallo is waiting for his chance. But the Ivorian’s debut is most likely to come from the bench first rather than as a starter. There is a chance it could happen tonight.
In: Bailly, Telles, Fred, Matic, Fernandes, James, Mata, Martial
Out: Lindelof, Shaw, Pogba, McTominay, Van de Beek, Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy