Predicted Manchester United line-up v Chelsea
Manchester United are back in action in the Premier League on Sunday in a game with real stakes.
United travel to Chelsea for a match which could have big implications for the end of the season.
Thanks to a slip up from Chelsea last weekend, the gap between United in second and the Blues in fifth is up to six points.
An away win would extend the gap to nine points, putting a sizeable distance between ourselves and one of the teams who could knock United out of a top four spot.
A defeat would narrow the gap to just three points, killing off our faint hopes of catching City, and dragging us right into a top four battle.
How will United line up?
David de Gea will probably come back into the side in goal as United’s preferred Premier League goalkeeper.
The full-backs will be Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka, with United’s first choices well established at this point.
The big question will be over who starts alongside captain Harry Maguire at centre-back. Will it be Eric Bailly or Victor Lindelof?
Solskjaer offered no clues on Thursday night, starting them both, and playing them both for 90 minutes.
Bailly was excellent and we suspect the United boss will make a big call and go with the Ivorian, leaving Lindelof on the bench.
Returns will help
Solskjaer told United’s club website he was optimistic of getting players back from injury for this fixture.
These include midfielder Scott McTominay, who will partner Fred in midfield.
Having Edinson Cavani back for this big game will be crucial too. After missing the first match against PSG and only featuring as a substitute the second time, this will be an opportunity for the Uruguayan to prove a point to former boss Thomas Tuchel.
Marcus Rashford and probably Mason Greenwood will start out wide. Dan James sustained a knock against Real Sociedad, which could take him out of contention as a starter at Stamford Bridge, although he might make the bench.
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put
- 'Could be good for United'… French expert says £19m star could thrive under Ten Hag
- £35m star's possible Manchester United move spells trouble for two Red Devils stars
- Midfield star Rangnick recommended is available: Manchester United would be fools not to sign him
- Attacking star Ten Hag managed asks lawyer to find new club amid Manchester United links
- New twist in future of Manchester United star with no goals in nearly 7 months
- £35m star is ideal signing and Manchester United have already made a crucial error
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million