Manchester United kick off 2020 with a trip to Arsenal to kick off a busy month.
An away win over a so-called rival would be a big statement. Arsenal are seven points behind us already and a victory could knock them further out of the top four race.
This is their third game under new boss Mikel Arteta and they are still looking for a first win. Arsenal’s weak defence is there for the taking and our attackers are in form. If we win it won’t be a surprise result.
Picking the right team is the first step, and there are four selection dilemmas for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to work through.
Who will feature?
Left-back: It is a tough choice between Brandon Williams and Luke Shaw. Williams is the popular pick and would deserve a start, but we expect Solskjaer to go with Shaw as he did away at City, preferring his experience up against Nicolas Pepe.
Central midfield: Paul Pogba’s fitness is unclear after he missed the Burnley game and wasn’t pictured in training on Monday. We can’t assume he plays, and it is more likely Nemanja Matic gets the nod. The Serbian has helped United to clean sheets in six of his seven starts this season. It is more likely Pogba is used from the bench.
Attacking midfield: Jesse Lingard loves The Emirates, but this is Andreas Pereira’s spot now. He has two assists in his last two games and deserves the opportunity to continue his run.
Right wing: How banged up is Dan James after Burnley’s rough tackling? There is a very strong case to pick Mason Greenwood here after he was rested at Turf Moor. The teenager is yet to start a Premier League game away from home, and we predict James will get the nod.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player