Odion Ighalo was a happy man to sign his new loan deal extension with Manchester United.
The Nigerian’s new deal runs until the end of January 2021, the club confirmed earlier today.
United have now shared an image of Ighalo giving a thumbs up from Carrington, where he was training with the rest of the first team.
Teammate Marcus Rashford also wished Ighalo congratulations on social media after the move went through.
Ighalo was becoming a key part of United’s attack before the season came to an abrupt halt.
He clearly has plenty more to offer, and he would have felt hard done by if his dream transfer move was not allowed to continue.
Now Ighalo will get the chance to play for a bit next season too after this one is finally completed, and leave a mark, before he returns to Shanghai Shenhua.
He has done everything right so far, scoring four goals for United in eight appearances, and also providing one assist.
Perhaps there is a FA Cup final winning goal still to come, to cap a real fairytale move for the boyhood United supporter.
- Manchester United have made a smart decision over Smalling and Sanchez
- David de Gea’s big save deserves more attention
- Take the ‘only £50m for Sancho’ report as a negotiating tactic
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka claims another assist, now more than several big names
- Solskjaer now knows his best Manchester United team, and he’s able to use it