Manchester United ended the season with a victory after beating Wolves 2-1.
United managed the win with a reserve side, resting key stars including Paul Pogba.
Pogba was still paying close attention, and sent a message out on his Instagram page after United’s win.
He has his eyes firmly set on United’s Europa League Final against Villarreal this week.
Pogba is a surefire starter for United against Villarreal, but it is unclear which position he will play.
The Frenchman could continue in a wide position, but this would mean only one of Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford could start, with Edinson Cavani likely to play up top. Or he could revert to play in central midfield at the expense of either Fred or Scott McTominay.
Elanga’s big moment
Victor Lindelof congratulated his fellow Swede Anthony Elanga on scoring his first ever United goal. Lindelof says he believes it will be the first of many.
Elanga scored United’s opener in United’s win, heading in Dan James’ cross.
The teenager sent out a message lauding his ‘incredible moment’ which he no doubt will never ever forget.
Elanga may travel for the Europa League final but could struggle to make the bench. If he is named among the substitutes, then it will show how highly United regard him.
He made a big impression on Sunday and has a very bright future ahead. Solskjaer was thrilled with him, and raved about his contribution after the game.
The United boss told the club website: “He’s got such an enthusiasm and energy for football and a desire that I love. He deserved it. What you maybe don’t see is his attitude, desire, a personality. He’s a very humble lad, works really hard, he’s got some attributes that you could wish for as a player.
“As you said, that pace, directness, he’s right-footed but equally good on his left. I’ve not really seen him score headers like this, so that was a big bonus as well. The future’s bright for him I think and I know and trust him to keep his feet on the ground and make the most of his talent.”
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report