Paul Pogba played 83 minutes as Manchester United battled to a 2-1 victory over Brighton.
Pogba was taken off after United’s winner, with Scott McTominay coming on the help see the game out.
It came after a mixed performance from the Frenchman, where he was often untidy and where his final ball was poor – until he stepped up with the matchwinning assist for Mason Greenwood’s header.
That’s what you get with great players. Even on their off days, they are able to contribute, and its why Pogba on £290,000 per week is among United’s highest earners.
The Frenchman sent a message after United’s win, celebrating the three points.
Mason Greenwood and Harry Maguire were also among United’s players to comment on social media after the victory.
Greenwood was celebrating his sixth goal of the season, and his first ever header, from 23 career goals for United so far.
Maguire was celebrating a milestone 100th appearance in less than two full seasons.
This is quite staggering when bearing in mind Eric Bailly only recently reached 100 in his fifth season at the club.
The win was just what United needed and puts us four points clear of third.
City still look impossible to catch, but it is important United don’t get dragged down into a battle to finish inside the top four.
At present we are 11 points clear of fifth, and looking good to secure a Champions League spot for next season.
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United
- Phil Jones pictured training for first time in 2021
- Harry Maguire names United’s strongest player and most talented
- Solskjaer says Bailly will definitely not face Granada
- Hannibal Mejbri ineligible for Manchester United Europa League call-up
- United loanee Laird endures tough night in 4-0 defeat
- Noah Solskjaer manages to see through Mourinho in a way the national media can’t
- Three reasons Dusan Vlahovic is an interesting Manchester United strike option
- Paul Pogba injury may have been decisive factor in United’s stalled title charge