Paul Pogba was back starting again at Old Trafford last night and it was a joy to behold.
The Frenchman does things other footballers cannot do on the pitch. His range of passing, quick feet, and willingness to take players on make him a nightmare for opponents to face.
Yes he can occasionally be too casual, but that’s what happens when you are having fun, and Pogba really seemed to be enjoying himself back out there.
Pogba played a key role in helping Manchester United to dominate Sheffield United, with teammate Anthony Martial bagging a ruthlessly taken hat-trick.
He created four chances in the win, more than any player on the pitch at Old Trafford.
Pogba sent a message to supporters following the match, saying he was ‘so happy to be back on the pitch’. This was his first appearance at Old Trafford since December, and his first start since September.
Pogba is right that United need to keep this up. We are still trying to chase down Chelsea in fourth and Leicester in third, aiming to secure a Champions League spot.
There are two potential trophies up for grabs too, and Pogba might just consider that after everything which has gone on before, he can still achieve his lofty ambitions if he stays put at Old Trafford.
If we can continue to play like this and Pogba dazzles like he did yesterday, there is a chance we might be able to convince him to sign a new contract.
It’s great to see him smiling again and enjoying his football.
- Solskjaer now knows his best Manchester United team, and he’s able to use it
- Solskjaer praises quartet for role in United victory
- Mason Greenwood has solved Manchester United’s problem position
- Manchester United fans react to Brandon Williams’ performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against Brighton
- 219 minutes of dominance: Pogba and Fernandes partnership perfect so far
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Angel Gomes reacts to Mason Greenwood’s United goal
- Fernandes and Martial send messages after United win