Paul Pogba played all 90 minutes as France beat Bulgaria 3-0 in Les Bleus’ final warm-up fixture.
Pogba started as part of a three man central midfield with Ngolo Kante and Corentin Tolisso.
While France’s tournament preparations were impeded by a first half injury to Karim Benzema, they went on to win the fixture comfortably. Antoine Griezmann scored the opener before a late double from Olivier Giroud.
Pogba was praised for his performance, with French newspaper Le Dauphine picking him out as one of the ‘top’ positives from the match.
The report wrote, “The midfielder of the Blues wanted to play and he had a great time on the Dionysian pitch. He graced the assistance of some fantastic movements on which the Bulgarians tried everything to slow him down. He sought to weigh offensively by looking for the killer pass.”
Get French Football News also praised the Manchester United midfielder’s contribution.
Pogba was given more freedom in an attacking sense with Kante alongside him, and Tolisso playing a defensive role too.
Pogba completed 87 per cent of his passes, making 89 touches in total.
The United midfielder won 10 duels, and completed five successful dribbles from five attempts.
He won two free-kicks and created one chance, while making seven ball recoveries.
It was an industrious and lively performance from Pogba, who felt like he had an extra level to go to if France really needed it.
For Pogba this was the ideal way to warm up for the Euros, following a 3-0 victory over Wales last week.
France are in a tough group with Germany, Portugal and Hungary, but no team will relish facing the World champions and Didier Deschamps’ side seem in great form.
Even with Benzema’s injury, which has to be assessed, Pogba’s performance gave French fans extra reason to be positive.
- Manchester United being linked with Sulemana again, Ajax in pole position
- Anthony Martial pictured working out ahead of pre-season
- Manchester United’s 20 most expensive transfer deals of all time
- Mansfield boss delighted to sign Manchester United’s Nathan Bishop on loan
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance