Manchester United’s players have been celebrating a 4-1 victory over Newcastle at Old Trafford.
While Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace on his return was the big story from the match, Paul Pogba also made an important contribution of his own.
Pogba provided assists for United’s third and fourth goals as United put the game beyond Newcastle’s reach.
This takes Pogba’s assists up to seven for the season. He was happy and sent out a message reflecting this after the game.
While Pogba has yet to sign a new contract, it was not insignificant that we went through a whole international break without any rumours linking him with a move away.
International teammate Raphael Varane also started the win over Newcastle, playing his home debut at Old Trafford.
Varane was left amazed by the vocal Old Trafford crowd, which had plenty to sing about even before the goals started flying in.
Varane could end up being a key part of Pogba’s possible decision to stay, we will have to see.
For now we will just enjoy having both, and United’s team is stacked with talent, thanks to the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Cristiano Ronaldo, and those who have not even started a game this season yet like Edinson Cavani and Marcus Rashford.
This memorable atmosphere at Old Trafford could be repeated several more times through the season. Getting Ronaldo back is special, and it should continue to feel this way for a long time.
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat
- Anthony Elanga makes a big impression in a short amount of time