Max Aarons showed in his most recent game why he brings a different option
Manchester United are reportedly eyeing a move for Norwich City right-back Max Aarons, The Mail report.
While there is a case to given Brandon Williams more of a chance to compete with Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Aarons is a talented and tempting option for United.
You need only look at his last performance for Norwich against QPR to see what he could bring to United.
Aarons created five chances in 90 minutes for Norwich in an impressive attacking display. Only Emi Buendia (6) made more key passes.
The 20-year-old right-back did so while completing an efficient 88 per cent of his passes. Defensively he did what he needed to, with one tackle and two interceptions.
Aarons is not as polished defensively as Aaron Wan-Bissaka, but this is the trade-off you make for an improved attacking outlet.
Wan-Bissaka has struggled to create chances this season. Attacks frequently break down when he gets the ball in the attacking third.
It is not all his fault of course. United’s lack of a right winger increases the demand on the right-back position to be a contributor in attack as well as defence.
Until the winger position is sorted, then United need a right-back capable of offering a bit more. Aarons still has plenty to prove, and is only 20. It’s easy to see why the Norwich defender has come back onto the club’s radar.
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: McTominay axed
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged