Manchester United are reportedly eyeing a move for Norwich City right-back Max Aarons, The Mail report.
While there is a case to given Brandon Williams more of a chance to compete with Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Aarons is a talented and tempting option for United.
You need only look at his last performance for Norwich against QPR to see what he could bring to United.
Aarons created five chances in 90 minutes for Norwich in an impressive attacking display. Only Emi Buendia (6) made more key passes.
The 20-year-old right-back did so while completing an efficient 88 per cent of his passes. Defensively he did what he needed to, with one tackle and two interceptions.
Aarons is not as polished defensively as Aaron Wan-Bissaka, but this is the trade-off you make for an improved attacking outlet.
Wan-Bissaka has struggled to create chances this season. Attacks frequently break down when he gets the ball in the attacking third.
It is not all his fault of course. United’s lack of a right winger increases the demand on the right-back position to be a contributor in attack as well as defence.
Until the winger position is sorted, then United need a right-back capable of offering a bit more. Aarons still has plenty to prove, and is only 20. It’s easy to see why the Norwich defender has come back onto the club’s radar.
- 96% Pass Accuracy, 3 Interceptions: £10m Manchester United midfield target impresses
- Former United talent with 'outstanding speed' lands new transfer move 18 months after release
- Rio Ferdinand says he used to argue with Manchester United teammate 'every training session'
- Manchester United star snubs Dubai trip for a golf break in Scotland
- Rangnick should recall United loan midfield trio for snap assessment
- Reaction as Manchester United set to net £5m loan fee with Anthony Martial exit agreed
- Manager “really pleased” with Manchester United loanee's performances vs league's best
- 7 players who could leave Manchester United before the transfer deadline
- 10 things we learned from Ralf Rangnick's first 10 games in charge at Manchester United