Marcus Rashford's message ahead of semi-final shows confidence
As you might expect from a team on a 19-game unbeaten run, Manchester United fear nobody right now.
Marcus Rashford’s message on social media ahead of today’s FA Cup semi-final with Chelsea sums that up.
He posted a picture with teammate Mason Greenwood saying ‘You ready bro? Let’s get them'”
United take on Chelsea at 6pm at Wembley, with the winner facing Arsenal in a fortnight’s time in the final, after they beat Manchester City.
Chelsea present a tough opponent for United, but one which hold no fear.
United have beaten Chelsea three times this season, by a combined score of 8-1.
We also knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup last season at Stamford Bridge.
So while United will have plenty of respect for a Blues side which sit one point above us in the Premier League, there is no reason to be scared.
Instead United’s players have total belief in themselves to get the job done, and spirits in the camp are high.
The confidence and good spirits were evident from happy scenes in Saturday’s training session.
United were also wearing new training gear, which has been introduced for the forthcoming season.
Rashford has won two FA Cup semi-finals himself, against Everton in 2016 and Tottenham in 2018.
The United forward has 22 goals this season, including three against Chelsea, and will be looking to add to that tally today.
He netted a brace at Old Trafford in a 4-0 win on the opening day of the season, one from the penalty spot.
Then in the EFL Cup he scored a memorable free-kick to win the game at Stamford Bridge.
United’s only injury doubts for the fixture are at left-back. Luke Shaw is out, and Brandon Williams is 50-50, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah most likely to deputise.
Fosu-Mensah has played in a FA Cup semi-final before, featuring in the 2016 win against Everton in which Anthony Martial scored a dramatic winner.
- Attacking star Ten Hag managed asks lawyer to find new club amid Manchester United links
- New twist in future of Manchester United star with no goals in nearly 7 months
- £35m star is ideal signing and Manchester United have already made a crucial error
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine
- Club begin talks to sign replacement for £20m Manchester United strike target