We needed that. Manchester United needed that. And so did Marcus Rashford.
Despite a spate of injuries to key players, United beat a dangerous Leicester side 1-0 at Old Trafford.
Marcus Rashford scored the winning goal from the penalty spot in the eighth minute.
It was important he did it this way too, having missed a spot kick at home against Palace last month. He can put that behind him now.
There was no debate over who took it, with Paul Pogba missing the game through injury.
After the game Rashford sent a short message to fans expressing his happiness at earning the win.
Rashford had struggled in the last United game, away at Southampton, and had not scored since the first match of the season.
United had to work hard to beat Leicester, and are now up to eight points from five games. This was a step in the right direction.
The match also saw game time for substitutes Tahith Chong, Fred and Axel Tuanzebe for the first time this season.
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career