Marcus Rashford broke the deadlock to score a landmark goal for Manchester United against Granada.
Rashford’s first half goal was his 20th of the season, a tally he has hit now for the second season running.
He is closing in on his total of 22 from last season, a figure which might have been higher if not for injury.
It is wonderful to see Rashford’s consistency. He also has 10 assists this season, so this was his 30th goal contribution of the campaign.
Rashford has 42 goals in the last two seasons for United. This is the same figure Romelu Lukaku contributed in his two years in Manchester. And Rashford still has time to add more.
Opta reported ‘Marcus Rashford is the first English player to score eight goals for United in European competition in a single season (excluding qualifiers) since Bobby Charlton in 1964-65’
He is also just the fourth Premier League player to hit 20 goals in all competitions this season, along with Harry Kane, Mo Salah, and teammate Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes is still United’s top scorer with 23 goals and 14 assists. Rashford is doing his best to keep in touch.
Rashford has 87 goals for United in total, putting him at number 24 on the all-time list for the club. It is remarkable that he is only 23-years-old.
- Two Manchester United academy players criticise Super League plans
- David Beckham speaks out against Super League plans
- Gary Neville says the Glazers must be booted out of football
- What Manchester United will look like in 2025 playing in the Super League
- Zidane Iqbal scores on comeback for Manchester United’s under-18s
- United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to help Alaves to first win since he joined
- Manchester United fans display angry banner outside Old Trafford after Super League announcement
- England cricketer Sam Billings takes aim at the Glazers and Woodward over Super League
- Bruno Fernandes expresses discontent towards Super League plans
- Manchester United fans react as Tottenham sack Jose Mourinho