Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford scored another dramatic winner away at PSG. They will be sick of him at this point.
Rashford’s goal capped a strong all round performance from the whole team. He praised two of his teammates on social media after the win.
Rashford responded to a message from the club’s social media account praising defender Axel Tuanzebe.
Tuanzebe started in his first match of 2020 and shut down Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in the 2-1 victory.
Rashford described Tuanzebe’s performance as ‘unbelievable’.
Rashford also took time to praise goalkeeper David de Gea, who kept United in the game with a number of key saves.
De Gea responded to Rashford, saying the accolades go both ways.
Rashford’s own performance got better as the game went on. At one stage he was a bit too unselfish.
Early in the second half he was through on goal and should have run at Keylor Navas and taken a shot. Instead he tried to find Anthony Martial with a pass and failed to connect.
Rashford had a shot tipped narrowly wide by Navas later in the game, before his superbly struck shot in the 87th minute to win the match.
This was a team performance, but as Rashford points out, some performances in particular are worth getting excited about.
- Five reasons Manchester United can win the Premier League title this season
- Cavani has already tied level with Alexis Sanchez’s United league goal tally
- Bruno Fernandes wasn’t perfect vs Southampton but still had a huge impact
- Bruno Fernandes praises Edinson Cavani
- Robbie Savage praises son Charlie after his first United under-18s goal