Manchester United’s players took part in two 60 minute friendly matches against West Bromwich Albion this afternoon.
These were United’s first fixtures since March, and they were a chance for the players to shake off some rustiness ahead of next week’s Premier League clash against Tottenham.
It was Marcus Rashford’s first appearance since January, and he was thrilled to get back out there.
The MEN reported how United split the players across the two friendly games.
The first match saw United field an almost second choice defence combined with a first choice attack.
Romero, Bishop; Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Williams, Dalot, Fosu-Mensah; Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Gomes; Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, James.
In the second game United picked a strong defence, while using a few more rotational options in attack.
De Gea; Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Shaw; Garner, Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Lingard, Chong, Mata; Ighalo.
Teden Mengi also managed to make his non competitive debut at first team level.
West Brom actually won the first fixture 2-1, with United coming out on top 3-1 in the second. That’s a 4-3 aggregate win.
Andreas Pereira scored two goals in the second game, with Tahith Chong also netting, while Bruno Fernandes scored a penalty in the first match after Brandon Williams was brought down.
Here is a look at some of the images from the games…
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling
- Martial and Rashford are teammates, not rivals
- Manchester United are on a collision course with Inter Milan
- Looking at the impact at United of the substitute rule changing again
- Alexis Sanchez’s six best moments at Manchester United
- How Sancho saga has managed to spark bitter Dortmund and Bayern war of words
- Rashford’s fellow starter Joe Riley signs for Carlisle