Manchester United shook off an early setback to ease to a win over Sheffield United.
Despite conceding in the fifth minute, United were 3-1 up by the 51st and the game was as good as finished by that stage, with the Blades adding a late consolation to make the match look closer than it was.
This United side are far better, and were able to boast Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in midfield pulling the strings.
Here is a look at United’s three best players in the away victory…
When Marcus Rashford blazed over an early through ball you wondered if the forward was going to have a wasteful night. He was spared any blushes by an offside call.
Minutes later Rashford dispelled those concerns by latching onto a long ball from Victor Lindelof and ruthlessly equalised.
Rashford scored a second goal after half-time to finish off an impressive team move.
There were moments when he ran at Sheffield United from wide positions to move infield and they could not cope with him.
Rashford completed four dribbles – the same as the rest of the United team combined.
Anthony Martial has struggled this season. This was more like it.
Against Sheffield United he scored his first Premier League goal of the season, and his third in all competitions.
He had three shots on target, and created three chances. No United player made more key passes.
For his goal he showed great alertness to get onto Paul Pogba’s pass and score past Aaron Ramsdale.
This performance could be exactly what Martial needs to get his season up and running.
Paul Pogba was starting his third league game in a row and he is picking up form.
Forget the silliness from his agent, the Frenchman is getting back to doing what he does best on the pitch.
Whether his motivation is to play for the team, or for a future move, United are benefitting. Pogba created United’s second goal and had a major part in the third.
He touched the ball 87 times in total, and put a shift in at the back too, winning three aerial duels.
The Frenchman was a class act, and Pogba’s contribution made the difference in a tight game.
- Why Dean Henderson won’t be leaving Manchester United permanently this summer
- Manchester United’s Dan James will be hoping for another moment of magic against Chelsea
- Amad Diallo showed a new side to his game against Real Sociedad
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Chelsea
- Who is reported United target Gleison Bremer?
- Eric Bailly says Sergio Ramos is his idol
- Solskjaer says Martial is working very hard to improve
- Can Diogo Dalot play against Manchester United in the Europa League?
- 2 positives and 1 negative from Manchester United drawing Milan