Manchester United's three best players against Norwich
Unlike Manchester United’s showcase performance against Sheffield United in midweek, the FA Cup tie away at Norwich was more of a grind.
That is often how cup ties go. But it felt like United made particularly needlessly hard work of this one.
There were only a handful of impressive individual performances in this one.
Here is a look at the three individuals who stood out the most for positive reasons…
United’s captain stepped up with a performance and contribution worthy of the armband.
Maguire scored a 117th minute goal to give United a win and avoid the lottery of a penalty shootout.
This was just his third goal for the club, with each of them coming since he was made captain in January.
It wasn’t just the goal which impressed. He made a crucial block late in the first half to deny Norwich a goal.
At the back he made five clearances and two interceptions, while constantly pushing forward to help United’s attack as we tried to make the extra man count after Timm Klose was sent off.
Paul Pogba came on in the 77th minute and still ended up creating four goalscoring chances.
The Frenchman was outstanding when he came on, and played with real vigour and determination.
If this is Pogba still working his way back to fitness and sharpness, we can’t wait to see what he can do over the coming weeks.
He is quickly re-establishing himself as Manchester United’s key player, and is working well with his teammates.
It is so important that United keep hold of him next season and beyond.
After Anthony Martial’s midweek hat-trick, Odion Ighalo came into this game under a little pressure.
This was his first start since March and he did what he was asked to do.
Ighalo broke the deadlock with a well taken volley, scoring with his first shot at goal.
He won two aerial duels, and while his hold up play was a little lacking in the first half, he can be pleased with his contribution as he has kept up his record of scoring in every United game he has started.
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months