Amad Diallo took part in Manchester United’s training session on Tuesday as preparations continued for tonight’s clash with Fulham.
The Ivorian youngster is clearly impressing, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made a point of praising the teenager this week at his press conference.
Solskjaer told the club website: “He’s enjoyed training and make a difference in training, which is quite remarkable at his age. Some adjustment to settle into the hustle and bustle of the physical part of the Premier League. I can’t see it being too long until he’s in the squad.”
Tonight may be too soon for Diallo to feature. But it seems there is little sign of him being demoted to the under-23s at this stage.
Also training was Jesse Lingard, amid ongoing speculation linking him with a transfer away from the club.
Sky Sports report talks with Nice over a loan have gone quiet and as it stands, Lingard is more likely to stay than go. That could all change over the next 11 days.
United’s players appeared in a happy and confident mood, with new coach and former star Darren Fletcher actively getting involved in the session.
No player looked happier than Anthony Martial, who appeared to be in great spirits as he looks ahead to a return to Craven Cottage, where he scored an impressive individual goal in United’s last game there in 2019.
Leicester City’s win over Chelsea last night has lifted the Foxes above us into first place in the table.
United’s game in hand is tonight and Leicester’s win will give the players a little added incentive to get the job done and record another away win.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice