Amad Diallo took part in Manchester United’s training session on Tuesday as preparations continued for tonight’s clash with Fulham.
The Ivorian youngster is clearly impressing, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made a point of praising the teenager this week at his press conference.
Solskjaer told the club website: “He’s enjoyed training and make a difference in training, which is quite remarkable at his age. Some adjustment to settle into the hustle and bustle of the physical part of the Premier League. I can’t see it being too long until he’s in the squad.”
Tonight may be too soon for Diallo to feature. But it seems there is little sign of him being demoted to the under-23s at this stage.
Also training was Jesse Lingard, amid ongoing speculation linking him with a transfer away from the club.
Sky Sports report talks with Nice over a loan have gone quiet and as it stands, Lingard is more likely to stay than go. That could all change over the next 11 days.
United’s players appeared in a happy and confident mood, with new coach and former star Darren Fletcher actively getting involved in the session.
No player looked happier than Anthony Martial, who appeared to be in great spirits as he looks ahead to a return to Craven Cottage, where he scored an impressive individual goal in United’s last game there in 2019.
Leicester City’s win over Chelsea last night has lifted the Foxes above us into first place in the table.
United’s game in hand is tonight and Leicester’s win will give the players a little added incentive to get the job done and record another away win.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy