Manchester United came from behind to beat Southampton at St Mary’s, and not for the first time.
The 3-2 win evoked memories of Robin van Persie’s hat-trick in 2012, with Edinson Cavani playing the lead role.
Van Persie even paid tribute to Cavani on social media, lauding the Uruguayan’s contribution after two goals and one assist.
Cavani helped United continue a 100 per cent away record in the Premier League this season.
The way United have done this has also led to a league record.
BBC Sport reported this was the first time a club has won four Premier League away games in a row after trailing in each of the matches.
United were behind against each of Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, and Brighton, before emerging victorious in each of them.
Wins against Southampton and Brighton were both sealed with injury time goals.
A lack of home fans certainly helps, but United deserve credit all the same. It is not easy to win away from home, especially after going behind.
The winning record says a lot about the character Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has instilled in his United side. He became notorious in his role as a player for contributing with late goals, and refusing to give up.
United now have eight away wins in a row in the league, dating back to last season.
This United team have a strong mentality. Solskjaer’s side are able to bounce back and rally mid-game, and even if the team lose, United quickly bounce back.
It helps when a team is packed full of creative players like Bruno Fernandes and Alex Telles, and clinical forwards like Edinson Cavani.
There could be a few more records to fall before this season is done if United keep on refusing to give in.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose to Sheffield United
- Manchester United pick attack heavy team to face Sheffield United
- Former United star Shinji Kagawa finds new club in Greece
- Solskjaer is ready to build his plans around Amad Diallo
- Who is reported Manchester United target Christoph Baumgartner?
- Odion Ighalo did exactly what he set out to do
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Sheffield United
- Looking back at Anthony Martial’s hat-trick against Sheffield United
- Marcos Rojo has three offers from clubs as he reportedly negotiates United pay-off