Manchester United have agreed a deal for Jadon Sancho but not yet unveiled the winger.
Sancho is now on holiday after undergoing his medical at the club last week (BBC).
One of the aspects of Sancho’s arrival which is not clear at all is his shirt number.
It has long speculated that Sancho would be United’s long term number 7.
But this shirt is currently worn by Edinson Cavani. So a discussion with the Uruguayan will be required along with a potential new number.
While Cavani’s next number remains unclear, it is looking like Sancho may get the number 7.
ProDirectSoccer.com have published pictures of United’s new home kit for 2021/22 with Sancho 7 on the back.
The website allows users to buy shirts with both ‘Sancho 7’ on the back and ‘Cavani 7’, which only adds to the confusion.
It’s possible they are just hedging their bets, amid the confusion at United’s end. The prominence on the site given to the Sancho 7 photo suggests some confidence that he will get the number.
An announcement will formally be made one way or another over the shirt whenever United get around to Sancho’s big reveal.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move