Manchester United fans react to Dan James' performance
With every passing game, Dan James gets better and better. Chelsea must be sick of the sight of him.
James scored his first Manchester United goal against the Blues back in August. Last night he won a penalty at Stamford Bridge.
His performance was overshadowed by Marcus Rashford, who scored a sensational free-kick to win the game.
James was brought down by Marcos Alonso in the first half, winning a penalty for the second game in a row.
This time Marcus Rashford scored from the spot, netting his second penalty of the season from four attempts.
Since the international break, James has provided two assists and won two penalties in three starts for United.
Teams don’t know how to cope with him. Attempts to rough him up don’t work, and he keeps on going at teams.
He is growing in confidence and looks like he belongs at Premier League level. United’s decision to sign him from Swansea looks inspired.
These are the types of deals United have failed to make in recent years. We could have saved millions on Harry Maguire if we had the vision to buy him earlier.
Seeing a young Welsh winger cause opponents problems brings back a few memories at United.
James isn’t a player who relies on tricks and flicks. He’s direct, has pace, and at he is influencing almost every game he plays at the moment.
This wasn’t James’ flashiest game, but he still found a way to be effective.
James is making it really difficult for United to leave him out of any fixture.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to James’ performance…
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start
- 'I am not going': Erik ten Hag makes vow Manchester United fans will love, set to avoid Van Gaal error