Manchester United fans react to Brandon Williams' under-23 performance
There have been calls for Brandon Williams to step up at Manchester United in the wake of Luke Shaw’s injury.
That won’t be happening this weekend, with Williams starting for the under-23s at Old Trafford last night.
His speed and composure was on show in the 2-2 draw with West Ham.
Earlier in the day along with Angel Gomes, Williams was named in the England under-20 squad.
While Williams can play at both full-back positions, it is on the left where he stands the best chance of a United breakthrough.
Even with Shaw fit, there is a case to push his development this season and see what he can do.
There may be chances in upcoming Europa or Carabao Cup matches.
He has been a regular for the under-23s this season and it makes sense to test him in a position where United lack depth.
Angel Gomes and Largie Ramazani scored United’s goals in the draw, with Tahith Chong and James Garner both missing out to join Mason Greenwood in the first team squad.
United fans were left impressed with Williams’ performance…
- £59.7m Manchester United target reportedly set to sign four-year deal around £350,000 per week
- Report: Casemiro could undergo Manchester United medical tomorrow
- Manchester United expected to move for 23-year-old after new £67.6m bid rejected
- 'Serious target': Manchester United identify £25.5m attacker as top option – Report
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Chelsea pledge to invest £1.75bn over 10 years gives Manchester United fans tantalising glimpse of what could be