Amad was granted his long awaited first Manchester United start in a nearly all-change line-up against Leicester.
The Ivorian youngster did not waste any time in making an impact.
After Leicester took an early lead, Amad got United back into the game in an instant.
Receiving the ball in the final third, Amad turned, and played a pass into an accelerating Mason Greenwood.
From there, Greenwood did the hard work, created space, and fired the ball low across the goalkeeper into the bottom corner.
Amad became the 19th first team player to provide an assist this season, showing how spread around the goal contribution in this squad has been.
He looked comfortable
It was a vote of confidence in Amad that when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made changes on 65 minutes, the teenager stayed on the pitch.
The former Atalanta winger did his work defensively, making one important interception inside his own penalty area.
United’s problem was an inability to get Amad in possession more.
He eventually was withdrawn on 78 minutes for Bruno Fernandes, with United chasing the game at 2-1 down.
Amad finishes the game with 33 touches, recording three successful take-ons, and creating one chance.
From a defensive standpoint he won one tackle, made one clearance, and blocked one shot.
With a total of 96 minutes under his belt for United prior to this in cup competitions, getting to play 78 in the league was welcome and long overdue.
He did enough to earn more chances, possibly against Fulham and Wolves next week. His first half assist was a flash of what he can do when he is given the ball in the final third, and this will get better as he gels with his teammates.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Amad’s performance…
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England