There is good news for Manchester United as Axel Tuanzebe is reported to be fully fit.
The Telegraph report Tuanzebe is fit and available for selection now, after the international break.
He was pictured doing light training sessions at the end of September and he will now join the main group.
It was after the October international break last season when his 12 month injury nightmare began.
Axel Tuanzebe’s injury woe
- Injured in warm up vs Liverpool in October 2019
Tuanzebe had been set to start his first Premier League game for United before picking up a hip injury. He did not return to action until December.
- Limps off in cup tie vs Colchester
Tuanzebe was making his first start since returning, in a Carabao Cup tie in late December. He was substituted after an hour after picking up a hamstring injury which kept him out until the end of February.
- After making a return for the under-23s in March, football went into lockdown.
Tuanzebe then suffered a foot injury in training at the start of June which required an operation and had kept him on the sidelines since.
Timing of return interesting
Ahead of the season, it had been presumed Tuanzebe would return as a fourth choice, behind Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly, and forced to compete with Teden Mengi.
United’s disastrous defending during the opening three games of the season has thrown the door wide open.
United shipped six in the previous game and none of the three senior centre-backs have done themselves justice during the opening three league matches.
The Red Devils need to shake things up. Tuanzebe gives United a fresh option, and the game against Newcastle is one where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could send a message to his team by shaking up his team selection.
News of Tuanzebe’s return to fitness has generated positive responses, with fans hoping he could become a defensive saviour for the club.
United certainly need one right now. Here is a look at some of the reaction to the news…
- Facundo Pellistri sends message to United fans
- Can Arnau Puigmal develop as Juan Mata’s replacement?
- United fans call for Edinson Cavani to start
- Eric Bailly in full training ahead of Manchester United Champions League clash
- Solskjaer gives injury update on Paul Pogba
- ‘I really like him’…Juan Mata hails 19-year-old Manchester United talent
- A crucial period is looming for Brandon Williams
- Solskjaer took a team selection gamble which paid off
- Facundo Pellistri shows why Manchester United signed him