Harry Maguire sends message to Manchester United fans
Harry Maguire has sent a message to Manchester United supporters reflecting on the weekend defeat.
Maguire posted on Twitter with a picture of him covering his face, expressing that he was ‘gutted’.
The £80 million centre-back missed an easy chance from a corner with the game goalless, before United slipped to a 1-0 loss.
Maguire will want to work on his finishing, but United should not be relying on him for goals anyway.
He ended up having the joint most shots of any United player along with Scott McTominay, which in itself shows how much they care, as they tried to drive the team towards a positive result.
On this occasion Maguire’s message strikes the right tone. He knows the results and United’s league position is unacceptable.
After the AZ Alkmaar game, in which he did not play, he deleted a message posted right after the 0-0 draw in which he praised it as a good result.
The Mirror reported how some fans had taken exception to Maguire, accusing him of having low standards, venting frustration about a poor performance in which the team did not have a shot on target.
Not the only one
Maguire is not the only United player to comment on social media about the team’s terrible form.
Striker Marcus Rashford sent out a message on Monday referencing the team’s woeful run of form, with just one league win in six games.
Rashford and Maguire are now both heading off with England on international duty.
Hopefully they will be able to get a bit of a confidence boost, and return refreshed, without any injuries.
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start
- 'I am not going': Erik ten Hag makes vow Manchester United fans will love, set to avoid Van Gaal error