Manchester United have unveiled Old Trafford’s temporary new look ahead of Wednesday night’s game.
United will host Sheffield United in the stadium’s first match since the Premier League restarted.
In unusual circumstances due to current events, the game will be held behind closed doors, as with all matches between now and the end of the season.
United have given a sneak peek of the new stadium, and it has to be said, they have done a great job.
One of the prominent large banners features a famous quote from Sir Matt Busby, reading, “Football is nothing without fans.”
United released an official video, showcasing the work which has gone into making the ground look impressive and creating a visual atmosphere.
A large mosaic features images of 40,000 supporters from around the globe, who submitted pictures to be included. United declared, ‘The stage is set’.
It is clear a lot of thought and work has gone into this, and like a lot over the past three months, United have got it right.
The instant reaction on social media was supportive, and now anticipation has increased for Wednesday evening’s clash with Sheffield United to kick off.
Here is a look at the reaction on social media to Old Trafford’s new look…
- Manchester United could net £5 million Romelu Lukaku sell-on fee
- Paul Pogba pictured back in Manchester United training
- Gary Neville praises Varane deal and comments on Manchester United title challenge
- Can Harry Kane hold out one more year for Manchester United move?
- Wan-Bissaka reportedly doing individual training programme after picking up injury
- Luke Shaw pictured back in training still wearing wrist cast
- Andreas Pereira says he has a talent not many Brazilian players have
- David de Gea pictured back in training for Manchester United
- Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay send messages to Dean Henderson