Manchester United have unveiled Old Trafford’s temporary new look ahead of Wednesday night’s game.
United will host Sheffield United in the stadium’s first match since the Premier League restarted.
In unusual circumstances due to current events, the game will be held behind closed doors, as with all matches between now and the end of the season.
United have given a sneak peek of the new stadium, and it has to be said, they have done a great job.
One of the prominent large banners features a famous quote from Sir Matt Busby, reading, “Football is nothing without fans.”
United released an official video, showcasing the work which has gone into making the ground look impressive and creating a visual atmosphere.
A large mosaic features images of 40,000 supporters from around the globe, who submitted pictures to be included. United declared, ‘The stage is set’.
It is clear a lot of thought and work has gone into this, and like a lot over the past three months, United have got it right.
The instant reaction on social media was supportive, and now anticipation has increased for Wednesday evening’s clash with Sheffield United to kick off.
Here is a look at the reaction on social media to Old Trafford’s new look…
- Manchester United should extend Mason Greenwood’s contract even further
- Bruno Fernandes is enjoying helping Anthony Martial shine
- Be open minded over a potential United move for Nathan Ake
- Incoming United addition Isak Hansen-Aaroen makes professional debut
- Victor Lindelof was not pictured in United training on Monday amid injury worry
- Fresh Jadon Sancho could help Manchester United start next season in style
- Harvey Neville signs professional Manchester United deal
- New Matic contract can help persuade Pogba to renew his United deal
- The stats which show Jack Grealish can be a top asset for Manchester United