Manchester United's latest line on Alexis Sanchez
With the transfer window closed, the papers have been running dry on Manchester United speculation.
That has led to a deluge of gossip this week on forgotten man Alexis Sanchez.
He wasn’t pictured in a handful of training pictures released by United earlier this week, adding to the speculation over his future.
United’s official latest line is that Sanchez is continuing to work to get fit.
The update reads: “Forward Alexis Sanchez has been working hard on his fitness at the Aon Training Complex following a late return due to his involvement in Copa America.”
He is not listed as an absentee for the Wolves game, only Eric Bailly and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are, raising the remote possibility he could be part of the travelling squad.
PremierInjuries.com list Sanchez as having a 50 per cent chance of being involved this upcoming week.
Solskjaer said earlier this summer to BBC Sport he believes in Alexis and hopes he can score 20 goals for the club this season.
United’s update is not conclusive either way, but it doesn’t exactly paint the Chilean as an outcast, as some of the papers are suggesting.
If he was, then the best option would be for the club not to mention him at all.
Something might be happening behind the scenes, but at the moment its just noise, idle gossip.
Keep an open mind on this one, don’t believe everything you read in the papers.
- Manchester United miss out as £38m midfielder set to sign with Premier League side, will partner Red Devils target
- Fabrizio Romano gives update on £42m Matheus Cunha to Manchester United reports
- £85m striker suspended: Manchester United get boost for Liverpool clash
- 23-year-old Brazilian striker 'keen to join Manchester United', says journalist
- 21-year-old who quit Manchester United two years ago scores v Real Madrid on La Liga debut