Malachi Sharpe training with Manchester United under-18s after move from Derby
Earlier this year Manchester United made a triple swoop on Derby County to sign three of their young players.
Malachi Sharpe, Sekou Kaba, and James Scanlon all signed for United in a deal which cost the Red Devils £750,000, The Athletic reported. All three have gone into United’s academy sides at under-16 level.
For now, Sharpe is the most advanced, and he has been pictured training for the first time with United’s under-18 side.
Players are currently being pushed up through the age groups in pre-season to compensate for so many under-23s being with the first team currently.
So it is unclear if Sharpe’s promotion to under-18 level is just temporary.
Officially, he has not moved up to the under-18s, in that he is not named on the club website as part of the squad, and was not listed as one of the additional 11 players stepping up this season last week either.
Sharpe is probably a year away from regular under-18s football, but it would not be a surprise to see him feature this year regardless.
Last season Kobbie Mainoo made his breakthrough as a regular into the under-18s at just 15 and looks a strong prospect for the future.
Either way, it is good to see him settling in ahead of what hopefully will be a promising Manchester United career.
- Manchester United express interest in signing star Rangnick bought for just £14m four years ago
- How Manchester United could line-up v Crystal Palace with 10 changes
- Manchester United loanee condemns abuse and criticises incorrect media reports
- Manchester United delete tweet about Erik ten Hag
- Sad picture of Alvaro Fernandez after final whistle against Brighton shows Manchester United defeat no fun for youngsters
- Ajax's Mexican star makes case for Erik ten Hag to sign him for Manchester United
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee says 'it's been a pleasure' after difficult end to season
- Erik ten Hag would make a real statement by selling Scott McTominay this summer
- Photo: Manchester United youngster poses with matchball after scoring 4 goals in u23 win
- Truly disgusted, Manchester United fans hope the pain will be worthwhile
- Who is the 20-year-old Manchester United reportedly want to sign with £38.4m release clause