Both Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof feel Manchester United should have got more out of the game with Chelsea.
The defensive duo played well to keep a clean sheet, but United could not find a way past Chelsea at the other end.
The Blues held on for a 0-0 draw, a game which made it three matches at Old Trafford without a win this season for United.
Maguire and Lindelof both sent messages expressing frustration at the result.
Maguire posted on Instagram: “Not the result we wanted… need to build on this week and keep improving.”
Lindelof wrote: “Frustrated not to get the win.”
Fred posted to commend Chelsea’s fight, writing: “Tough game today. Let’s move on!”
United are back at Old Trafford on Wednesday night against RB Leizpig.
Then there are three away fixtures before the international break.
The saving grace for United’s start to the campaign is that the team have won all five matches on the road this season in all competitions.
Fixing the home form is a priority and it’s no wonder United’s players feel a bit of frustration and disappointment with the result.
- Dean Henderson says he was among world’s worst players on FIFA just four years ago
- Three reasons Edinson Cavani must start against Southampton
- Three reasons for United to be wary of Southampton
- Odion Ighalo extension may look odd, but at the time it made sense
- Pellistri was given glimpse of possible United debut and he must use it as motivation
- Bruno Fernandes nominated for Champions League player of the week
- Manchester United sign Morecambe youngster Jack Kingdon
- Alejandro Garnacho stars in Manchester United under-17 win
- Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford made position changes look easy