Juan Mata and Alex Telles return to training ahead of Europa League tie
There were two positive developments for Manchester United as the first team trained ahead of the Europa League quarter-finals against Granada.
Juan Mata was back with the first team squad after an short absence.
The Spaniard was recently rocked by the death of his mother, and has had some time off. He was not part of United’s squad against Brighton.
Mata has barely played at all in 2021. His last appearance was as a 88th minute substitute in the mid-February win over Newcastle.
Also in training was left-back Alex Telles. The Brazilian was absent from United’s squad against Brighton due to illness.
While Mata will probably just be on the bench at best, United have a call to make over Telles.
The former Porto star has started three out of four Europa League knock-out fixtures.
With a game upcoming against Tottenham days later, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may consider resting Luke Shaw and giving Telles a start.
Here is a look at more pictures from the training session…
- Casemiro flight to Manchester, twist in £80m star's future, awful Glazer plan
- Luka Modric reacts as Casemiro move to Manchester United confirmed
- Real Madrid confirm Casemiro sale to Manchester United in emotional statement, and announce tribute plan
- Raphael Varane reacts as Manchester United announce Casemiro deal
- 3 reasons £59.7m Manchester United target is better signing than Frenkie de Jong
- 36-year-old coach sits top of league table having left Manchester United last season
- XI players linked with Manchester United moves this week; featuring left-footed Premier League ace
- 'Really good player': Klopp praises star with no PL starts for Manchester United since May 2021
- 'Here we go': Manchester United have full agreement on Casemiro, says Romano
- 'Really wants the move': £67.6m Player wants to join Manchester United, not giving up, says Romano