There were two positive developments for Manchester United as the first team trained ahead of the Europa League quarter-finals against Granada.
Juan Mata was back with the first team squad after an short absence.
The Spaniard was recently rocked by the death of his mother, and has had some time off. He was not part of United’s squad against Brighton.
Mata has barely played at all in 2021. His last appearance was as a 88th minute substitute in the mid-February win over Newcastle.
Also in training was left-back Alex Telles. The Brazilian was absent from United’s squad against Brighton due to illness.
While Mata will probably just be on the bench at best, United have a call to make over Telles.
The former Porto star has started three out of four Europa League knock-out fixtures.
With a game upcoming against Tottenham days later, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may consider resting Luke Shaw and giving Telles a start.
Here is a look at more pictures from the training session…
- Two Manchester United academy players criticise Super League plans
- David Beckham speaks out against Super League plans
- Gary Neville says the Glazers must be booted out of football
- What Manchester United will look like in 2025 playing in the Super League
- Zidane Iqbal scores on comeback for Manchester United’s under-18s
- United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to help Alaves to first win since he joined
- Manchester United fans display angry banner outside Old Trafford after Super League announcement
- England cricketer Sam Billings takes aim at the Glazers and Woodward over Super League
- Bruno Fernandes expresses discontent towards Super League plans
- Manchester United fans react as Tottenham sack Jose Mourinho