Amad Diallo lit up Old Trafford as he scored his first ever Manchester United goal against AC Milan.
Remarkably it came from his first ever shot in a Manchester United first team shirt too.
Amad was given 45 minutes after Anthony Martial suffered a first half hip injury.
The young Ivorian scored after just four minutes of the second half, looping a header over Gianluigi Donnarumma after a wondrous Bruno Fernandes pass.
Diallo’s goal sparked wild celebrations from his United teammates, and one who could not be at Old Trafford due to injury, Marcus Rashford, was very impressed.
There was some symmetry between Amad’s first goal and Rashford’s, with both coming in the Europa League, and both came after opportunities presented following an injury to Anthony Martial.
Match of the Day host Gary Lineker praised Amad’s impact, with the youngster making an instant name for himself.
Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan commented too, remarking this could be a rare occasion where a big money fee ends up looking cheap.
Amad’s fee of course is less than the £37 million referenced, at first, and will only reach that figure if numerous add-ons are met.
Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon spoke to BBC Radio 5 live about Amad’s goal too.
He praised the technique used for the goal, commenting: “The execution, timing of the run and the pass and for Diallo to have the awareness to know where Gianluigi Donnarumma is and flick it over his head is a top-class goal. Let’s hope he has a similar career to Ronaldo but let’s see.”
With one special moment, Amad has created headlines for all the right reasons, and it is just the start of his Manchester United adventure.
There is so much more to come and this is just the beginning of what could be a long and successful career for him at Old Trafford.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In trailer looks amazing, where can you watch the film?
- Statistics show Harry Maguire is one of the best defenders in Europe