Harry Maguire has been pictured without crutches and a protective boot.
Maguire is attending the premiere of Sir Alex Ferguson’s documentary, Never Give In.
BBC Sport’s Simon Stone tweeted a picture of Maguire walking freely, joined by teammates Scott McTominay, Brandon Williams and Phil Jones.
Maguire suffered an ankle ligament injury against Aston Villa two weeks ago.
He has been out ever since and United are sweating on his fitness ahead of the Europa League final.
Maguire has been pictured using crutches and wearing a walking boot while watching United’s last three Premier League games from the sidelines.
While this latest picture (top) offers absolutely no guarantees for next week, it is an encouraging sign, when there have not been any up until now.
Maguire won’t play against Wolves this weekend as United look to rest him once again.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping the club captain will get the all clear to travel to Gdansk, and then potentially come through a training session unscathed upon arrival.
United have struggled defensively in Maguire’s absence and getting him back, if fit, could be crucial to the team’s chances of winning silverware for the first time since 2017 next week.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool