After last year’s disastrous turn of events on holiday in Greece, it would not have been a surprise if Harry Maguire skipped going abroad this year entirely.
A week ago The Mail reported Maguire was enjoying a ‘low-key’ break in the UK, staying in Devon.
He has finally made it overseas, continuing the low-key theme, taking a holiday in Croatia.
The England captain deserves a break after a long season for club and country, and sensibly he is avoiding Mykonos this year.
Maguire will be due back in Manchester soon. Along with the rest of the late Euro 2020 and Copa America players, United expect everybody back at Carrington for the start of August.
United will want Maguire and co to be fit enough to play some part in the friendly match with Everton next Saturday (August 7). That will be the final fixture before the Premier League season begins.
Maguire and co are cutting it fine, and there won’t be much time for him to get to know new teammate Raphael Varane before the new season begins.
Famously, Maguire had next to no time before making his United debut at home to Chelsea in 2019, signing just two days earlier. The difference then was that he had no summer tournament that year and a full pre-season behind him. Hopefully United will get away with it again this year.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures