Manchester United’s centre-backs both sent messages after the win over West Brom.
Each of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof expressed how pleased they were to get the three points.
United needed a Bruno Fernandes penalty to see off West Brom in a 1-0 win, although that only tells half the story.
The team survived a penalty being given at the other end, after the referee used VAR to overturn his own decision.
Lindelof’s message was more abrupt. Take the win, and move on.
After such poor results at Old Trafford in the league so far this season, he is right to feel that way.
United wasted clear cut opportunities, with Anthony Martial spurning one in the first half and Marcus Rashford in the second half.
Sam Johnstone played well in goal for the Baggies, but at some point the strikers have to look at themselves rather than lauding the goalkeeper.
Edinson Cavani looked bright when he came on and he should get a start in midweek.
He could really teach Rashford and Martial a thing or two, while Mason Greenwood should be back and ready to feature after illness.
United will need to play much better to see off Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday night.
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance
- Dean Henderson draws praise from Graeme Souness
- Eric Bailly posts amusing message to Harry Maguire after United win