Considering his outstanding form, Brazil may have made a mistake leaving Fred out of their latest international squad. Not that Manchester United are complaining.
One player the Selecao did call up was new United addition Alex Telles.
Telles has played just 66 minutes of action for United since joining, after testing positive for Covid.
The left-back landed back in his homeland on Monday and has been training already.
Telles received a supportive message from Fred on Instagram, who said his clubmate has ‘too much quality’.
With Fred at Carrington, we won’t get a preview of Fred and Telles playing together over the international break.
Instead we will simply be hoping Telles comes through his matches injury free and at full fitness.
The extra match practice could work in his favour, to sharpen him up, after missing most of the past month.
Brazil face Venezuela on Saturday before an exciting fixture from a United perspective the following Tuesday, when Telles takes on Edinson Cavani’s Uruguay.
Let’s just hope both United stars come through it injury free and ready to feature at Old Trafford against West Brom the following Saturday.
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring
- Manchester United said to be keen on Bayern youngster Jamal Musiala
- Lindelof’s Anfield display is all the more impressive after Solskjaer admission
- Phil Neville has a harsh reminder for son Harvey after under-23 defeat
- Pogba hailed by Maguire and Solskjaer after match-winning performance
- Two Manchester United players are becoming cause for concern
- United win first game with Fred and Pogba pivot in 90 minutes since 2019
- Manchester United’s three best players against Fulham