Breaking into Manchester United’s first team can be a tough ask for young players. Dean Henderson has been on five different loan spells to get the point he has.
Not every player has the same combination of patience and self-belief.
Largie Ramazani took a gamble last summer and decided to quit United, after a breakthrough season for the under-23s, in which he scored 10 goals.
He made one first team appearance for United, playing six minutes against Astana in the Europa League.
Ramazani signed as a free agent for Spanish club Almeria, where he has played 19 first team games, scoring three goals.
The young winger has missed the second division side’s last three league games, and so at the weekend, got some game time with Almeria’s academy team in a friendly match. He made huge impression.
Ramazani scored a spectacular goal from deep inside his own half. It was David Beckham-esque.
This goal shows what a big talent Ramazani is, and it is a shame he didn’t stick around at United to try to develop it.
The youngster is 20-years-old, so you can understand his desire to play first team football. The experience he has picked up at Almeria this season has been invaluable.
Almeria sit second in the division and there is a strong chance Ramazani could be playing La Liga football next season. His move could well pay off.
- Marcus Rashford expresses discontent towards United’s Super League plans
- Manchester United Supporter’s Trust issue statement after meeting with Prime Minister
- Four benefits of United finally having a full week without a game
- Manchester United a rebel with a self-serving cause as FIFA join fight against Super League
- Manchester United’s biggest wins of all-time
- Neville encourages Marcus Rashford to speak out on Super League
- Three reasons Super League plans could KO Manchester United’s Sancho hopes
- Eric Bailly says he has returned to training
- Wayne Rooney praises Teden Mengi as loan spell is cut short
- Eric Cantona reacts to Manchester United Super League plans