Manchester United have identified a new alternative to Romelu Lukaku, The Mail report.
Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller has caught the eye of United’s scouting team.
Here is a look at five facts about the potential United recruit…
- Haller scored 20 goals this season for Frankfurt. 15 came in the Bundesliga and a further five came in the Europa League.
- Standing tall at 6ft 2″, Haller is a physically imposing striker. He’s more than just a target man though, providing 12 assists last season.
- Haller signed for Frankfurt in 2017 after making his name in Holland. His best season for Utrecht saw him net 19 goals.
- The 24-year-old hails from France but has never been capped at senior level. He scored 13 goals in 20 games for the under-21s.
- The Bundesliga website compares his style of play to France great David Trezeguet. It also notes his penchant for scoring spectacular overhead kicks.
One of the problems Romelu Lukaku faced at United was his inability to play with Marcus Rashford. It was always either or.
Haller would be an upgrade in this regard. His partnership with Luka Jovic was key to the Serbian’s success this season.
The Frenchman can lead the line too, and signing him would give United greater flexibility in attack.
Haller is a very intriguing option for United who is made for the Premier League. This is one to watch.