Just last month, Manchester United were linked with making a staggering £30 million move for 16-year-old superkid Jude Bellingham. [SkySports]
There was talk of United possibly signing Bellingham and loaning him back to Birmingham City, but no deal got done.
A summer deal can’t be ruled out of course, and Bellingham’s performances continue to earn praise.
Last night he was in action for his side in the Championship and helped them to a 1-0 win over Barnsley.
Bellingham provided the match winning assist, his second of the season.
Supporters of Birmingham and various clubs raved about his performance on social media…
A report in The Sun named Bellingham as England’s most talented player since Wayne Rooney.
£30 million for a teenager is a big sum of money, but in context of the Rooney comparison it does not sound so excessive.
Despite being just 16, he has played 31 times for Birmingham’s first team this season, and has scored four goals.
The young midfielder is clearly in the right place to continue his development.
In last night’s game he created four chances, more than the rest of the Birmingham team combined.
United might regret not going on clinch his signature in the January window. His list of suitors is going to grow if he keeps on playing like this, and that could be a problem.
Let’s hope we haven’t blown the chance. He does look like a special player and United need to continue the chase.
- Trio left out of United squad for Watford after Brugge game, teen trio called in
- Manchester United need to be more proactive over Boubakary Soumare
- Manchester United do not need to overpay for Kalidou Koulibaly
- Manchester United must give Chong and Gomes creative control over their futures
- Solskjaer watches United’s academy as first team players join kids training