Let’s not get carried away, but… Erling Haaland has just been pictured signing a Manchester United shirt.
A photo doing the rounds on social media this evening has shown the Red Bull Salzburg striker signing United’s current jersey.
Haaland is a key United target
Haaland is a priority target for Manchester United, The Times report.
BBC Sport reported this week that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer even flew to speak with Haaland about a move last Friday.
Solskjaer was quizzed about the striker on Sunday and said mysteriously, via the club website: “He knows what he wants to do, so I don’t have to give advice to any other team’s players.”
Haaland, 19, has scored 28 goals this season including eight in the Champions League.
United face competition from Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig for the striker.
Does this mean anything?
This is no smoking gun suggesting Haaland will sign for United. But it is part of a puzzle suggesting he may be open to it.
It looks increasingly as though Salzburg will sell after their Champions League elimination and he would be a big coup for United.
Obviously we would hope United can tie together a deal, but nothing is certain until there is a formal announcement, if at all.
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Manchester United starters vs West Ham